Basic Product Safety Policies
Brother Industries, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "BIL") stands on the principles that offering products to meet customer needs is our way of contributing to society, that product safety is our basis for quality assurance, and that delivering safe products to customers must be our top priority. Based on the above principles, BIL has established "Basic Product Safety Policies" as described below that are to be observed at BIL and its group companies in order to ensure the safety of our products.
- 1. Compliance with Regulations
- We will commit ourselves to comply with regulations, guidelines and other rules relevant to product safety, and to behaving with ethical standards while paying serious attention to the standards of safety culture.
- 2. Establishing and Practicing Voluntary Action Plans
- Based on the above basic policies, we will establish, practice, and continuously upgrade voluntary product-safety action plans in order to realize product safety based on our credo that "customers" and "product safety" come first.
- 3. Securing Product Safety
- In order to offer safe and reliable products to customers, we will establish voluntary safety criteria and continuously upgrade them in addition to observing the safety criteria stipulated in applicable laws and industry standards. In addition, we will do our best to provide safe and reliable products by giving necessary education and training to our employees to ensure product safety and prevent accidents resulting from product failures.
- 4. Collection and Disclosure of Information Related to Product Failures
- We will actively collect information relevant to product failures from customers, and disclose such information to customers at an appropriate time and in an appropriate manner.
- 5. Reporting Product Failures
- If a serious product failure occurs, we will immediately report the factual details about the failure to the responsible authorities as ordered by their decrees.
- 6. Product Recall
- If a product failure accidentally occurs, we will immediately collect facts about the failure and investigate the cause. Furthermore, if necessary, we will take every measure required to prevent the occurrence of further hazards or expansion of the existing hazard by reporting the facts to customers and recalling affected products.
- 7. Measures for Preventing Improper Use
- We will do our best to prevent accidents resulting from improper or careless use of our products, by placing reminders in instruction manuals and on products to reinforce correct use.
February 1, 2008
Toshikazu Koike, President
Brother Industries, Ltd.
Adobe Reader® is required to view PDF format files. Please click here to download this software.
(This link goes to the Web site of Adobe Systems Incorporated.)