- Material Balance
- In-depth Data
Identifying the environmental impact of business operations
Overview of main environmental impact associated with the Brother Group operations
The Brother Group facilities are engaged in processing and assembly to manufacture products. The environmental impacts (including resource consumption, CO2 emissions, and waste generated) associated with all business operations are quantitatively monitored and summarized to reduce environmental impacts.
Input of Resources, Production & Emission of Substances in FY2015 (April 1, 2015-March 31, 2016)
Resource and energy inputs in FY2015
|Resource consumption||Total energy consumption||Water consumption|
|Product material||214,678t||Crude petroleum equivalent||51,591kL||Total amount of water consumption||883,972m3|
- *: Click icon to see the graph
- *: The scope of aggregation was directly related to the product range (not including the water dose of sales sites).
Brother Group in FY2015 (main manufacturing facilities)
Production & Emission of Substances in FY2015
|Brother products||CO2 emissions||Amount of wastewater||Amount of waste|
|Brother products||214,678t||CO2 emissions||78,368t-CO2||Amount of wastewater||773,674m3||Production-related waste||10,941t|
|Amount of waste recycled||10,939t|
- *: Click icon to see the graph
- *: The scope of aggregation was directly related to the product range (not including the water dose or waste generated in sales sites).
|Resource and energy inputs in FY2015|
|Resource consumption||The resource consumption is calculated by multiplying the shipments to major products shipped in FY2015 per weight.
|Total energy consumption||Total amount of electricity, steam, LPG/LNG, city gas, oil, etc. consumed at target business sites in FY2015|
|Crude petroleum equivalent||Calculated by converting electricity, oil, city gas, etc., LPG/LNG, and steam into crude petroleum, respectively
|Water consumption||Total amount of water consumed at target business sites in FY2015|
|Clean water||Measurement using a water meter|
|Industrial water||Same as above|
|Underground water||Same as above|
|Production and emission of substances in FY2015|
|Brother products||Consumption of raw materials per product x number of products shipped in FY2015|
|CO2||CO2 emissions attributed to energy consumption at target business sites in FY2015 (energy consumption x CO2 conversion factor)
|Amount of wastewater||The amount is equivalent to the amount of water intake, or is calculated in accordance with the formula set in respective regions (based on the amount of water intake).|
|Amount of waste||Production-related waste||Total amount of waste (including metals, waste plastics, circuit boards, sludge, waste oil/solvents, waste acids/alkalis, glass/ceramics, and batteries) generated in the production process at target business sites in FY2015|
|Amount of waste recycled||Amount of production-related waste (above) recycled|
Environmental impact data of main facilities
- *1: Brother Machinery Xian Co., Ltd. is a business site established through the merger of Xian Brother Industries, Co., Ltd. (formerly Xian Typical Brother Industries, Co., Ltd.) with Brother Sewing Machine Xian Co., Ltd. in 2010. In the same year, Brother Sewing Machine (Shanghai) Co., Ltd. transferred its business to Brother Machinery Xian Co., Ltd.
- *2: Brother Industries Saigon, Ltd. and Brother Industries (Philippines), Inc. have been included in the scope of aggregation from FY2013 (April 1, 2013-March 31, 2014).
- *3: Brother Machinery Vietnam Co., Ltd. has been included in the scope of aggregation from FY2014 (April 1, 2014-March 31, 2015).
Environmental impact data for before FY2012 (April 1, 2012-March 31, 2013) is available on the CSR Report PDF Download page.
Adobe Reader® is required to view PDF format files. Please click here to download this software.
(This link goes to the Web site of Adobe Systems Incorporated.)