Last Updated: February 1, 2008
Brother Industries, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Brother", "we" or "us") is committed to protect your personal data that you share with us. The following statement explains how we protect your personal data.
1. What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is any information which, in itself or tied with other information, could identify you as a specific individual and which may be contained in the information we collect by means set out in clause 2 below such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, information related to the products or services which you purchased or used, returned questionnaire, any contacts, information related to repairs or access logs of our websites.
2. How Brother Collects Your Personal Data
We collect your personal data:
- through our websites
- by email, mail, telephone or other oral means; and
- by any other means
3. How Brother Uses Your Personal Data
We will not use your personal data for purpose other than those notified to you in advance, except:
- to supply the customers with our products or services that the customers requested us;
- to respond to the customers' requests for after-sales service including queries and repairs. (There will be cases where we use the customers' personal data, such as for communication to solve problems which occurred with our products or services provided to the customers.); and
- by any other means
- to contact or communicate with the business partners, performance of the contracts or to request for performance of the contracts with the business partners, and to perform any other acts related thereto with respect to the business partners.
- to exercise the rights and perform the obligation in accordance with the laws or the regulations
- to execute any and all plannings with respect to the shareholders (such as the questionnaire)
- to manage and maintain the shareholders in accordance with the laws or the regulations
- to provide the job applicants with the information related to job application, and to contact with the job applicants
- to manage the operations with respect to job applicants
4. Who Will Your Personal Data Be Disclosed To?
We will not, without your prior consent, disclose your personal data to third parties except:
- in a form or manner where the personal data is not identifiable as yours;
- to our affiliated companies and business partners, who are bound by confidentiality obligations with respect to personal data, to the extent necessary to fulfill the purpose; or
- when required by the laws or the regulations.
5. Compliance To Laws
We will comply with the laws and the regulations provided for the protection of personal data and guidelines issued by related government agencies and the industry associations.
6. How Brother Handles Your Personal Data
To assure adequate level of personal data protection, we will maintain effective internal rules, have our assigned managers oversee the operations on your personal data and make our directors, employees and temporary staff aware of and abide by such rules.
7. How Brother Secures Your Personal Data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously and will protect it from leakage, destruction or alteration, so that you can feel confident in the security of information you provide to us.
8. Inquiry for Personal Data
We correspond to the inquiry for the personal data kept in our custody by the identity of the personal data properly and quickly. Please contact us if requested.