Label printing can be added to SAP R/3 applications.
SAP printing using b-PAC
By integrating the powerful features of Brother's b-PAC SDK with SAP ABAP applications, text, barcodes and images can all be printed onto high-quality Brother labels when required.
- Send a print command from SAP GUI, then control the b-PAC component on a client PC to print by OLE Application of SAP R/3 program.
- You must have the b-PAC software development kit, the printer driver and the label design file on the Client PC.
- The Label printer is connected to a Client PC which has SAP GUI and b-PAC installed.
- Possible to create various designs with pictures and artwork.
- Need to install b-PAC, printer driver and the layout file on the dedicated client PC.
(Printer should be connected on dedicated client PC.)
*Print volume is low.
*The complicated layout design, including image data etc.
E.g)Asset management label
SAP printing using ESC/P command
SAP R/3 uses the command to print the data, so we must use an emulation like ESC/P.
To use the ESC/P command, create the special device type on SAP R/3.
It is possible to print the data from the SAP system through a Network.
- Possible to print to a printer on the network from any of the client/server PC's.
- Simple layout design
(Limitation of the font type and ruled line. )
*Print volume is high.
*The design layout is simple like only text and barcode data. E.g)Shipping label